Chops with Corn Salsa
This easy recipe is popular with my family and friends. I like to serve it throughout the year.Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Rub chili powder over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate
- for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, corn and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 12-16 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. Remove
- chops and keep warm. Stir cilantro into corn mixture; serve with
- chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.