- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Rub chili powder over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm. Stir cilantro into corn mixture; serve with chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chops with Corn Salsa in Country Woman July/August 2002, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops with Corn Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2011
"I love it."