Chops in Mushroom Gravy
"Although I love to cook, some days I just don't have a lot of time, so I keep boneless pork chops in my freezer for this quick dinner," explains Karen Ehatt of Chester, Maryland. "My husband and children love the gravy." Tip: "This dish is easy to double if unexpected company drops by," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops and onion in butter until onion
- is tender. Stir in the soup, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices
- run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.