- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook three chops in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned; drain. Repeat with remaining chops and 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside. In the same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seeds. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Carefully pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chops 'n' Kraut(3)
Sort By :
i made this with both chops and keilbasa. great either way!
My boyfriend said he didnt like sauerkraut and then he ate this. He said it was great and he could not believe the taste. It was great and I will be making it again! Thanks!
I have never been a big fan of sauerkraut, but my husband loves it. So, I decided to try this dish. I really enjoyed it, because the sauerkraut isn't overpowering. It's a good blend of flavors. My husband also loved it, because it does have sauerkraut in it :-)
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >