This dish has traveled with me to many potlucks and picnics, where it's always met with rave reviews. It's one of my favorite salads because it's so simple to prepare.
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chopped Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p106
Reviews for Chopped Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2009
"I've made something similar and added marinated artichoke hearts and used homemade Italian dressing. It's been a hit at the gatherings I've taken it to, and it's adaptable as to amounts. Just use what's on hand or what feels comfortable."