This dish has traveled with me to many potlucks and picnics, where it's always met with rave reviews. It's one of my favorite salads because it's so simple to prepare.
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chopped Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p106
Reviews for Chopped Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2009
"I've made something similar and added marinated artichoke hearts and used homemade Italian dressing. It's been a hit at the gatherings I've taken it to, and it's adaptable as to amounts. Just use what's on hand or what feels comfortable."