Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Our two children and I plan to mix up this attractive salad for brunch on Father's Day. It's always been enjoyed wherever I have served it.
Having my recipe chosen as a contest winner is a special treat for me—Country Woman has been my favorite source for new food ideas for years!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound Italian salami, finely diced
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing
- dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting
- lid; shake well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and
- toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.