Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound Italian salami, finely diced
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing
"This was delicious! I used low-fat salami and accidentally forgot the chickpeas. I'd love a way to make a healthier dressing."