Our two children and I plan to mix up this attractive salad for brunch on Father's Day. It's always been enjoyed wherever I have served it. Having my recipe chosen as a contest winner is a special treat for me—Country Woman has been my favorite source for new food ideas for years!
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound Italian salami, finely diced
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing in Country Woman May/June 1990, p29
Reviews for Chopped Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"This was delicious! I used low-fat salami and accidentally forgot the chickpeas. I'd love a way to make a healthier dressing."