Chopped Garden Salad
This recipe is always requested by my children for their birthday meal or any other get-together. The flavor combination is so yummy.Anna Sutherland, Camp, Arkansas
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 medium red onions
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dice the tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers and onions; place in a
- 3-qt. salad bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute, stirring
- occasionally. Cool slightly. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 32 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,