Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (28 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet.
- 2. Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 691 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Chop Suey
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.