Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (28 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet.
- Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chop Suey(1)
Sort By :
I substituted chicken & chicken bouillon cubes and it turned out delicious...Tasted like my mother-in-laws but much easier....My family loved it. Will make it again.