Chocolaty Zucchini Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs on high until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Add oil and chocolate; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece: 580 calories, 33g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Zucchini Cake
"This cake is very satisfying for the whole family! It is moist, yet has a slight texture of a zucchini bread, and everyone loves the chocolate addition. I use 72% dark chocolate and cane sugar in this recipe...for health reasons for all. I like that it includes 3 cups of zucchini because I have a lot to use up around here! Rave reviews on this side...MN."
"Loved it perfect for my abundance of zucchini"
"The recipe also shows a "healthy" heart on it. Where do these standards come from? Maybe the heart means "heart attack alert"!"
"To answer my own question, see the "makeover" version of this recipe. Great! Now I can try it..."
"How could something with 580 calories and 33g fat per slice be considered "light"? Is that nutritional info correct?!"