Chocolaty Zucchini Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs on high until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Add oil and chocolate; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolaty Zucchini Cake
Sort By :
This cake is very satisfying for the whole family! It is moist, yet has a slight texture of a zucchini bread, and everyone loves the chocolate addition. I use 72% dark chocolate and cane sugar in this recipe...for health reasons for all. I like that it includes 3 cups of zucchini because I have a lot to use up around here! Rave reviews on this side...MN.
Loved it perfect for my abundance of zucchini
I was desperate to get rid of 4.5 quarts of shredded zucchini so I made this cake when my in-laws were coming to visit. I don't even like chocolate cake, but it was really good! My father-in-law even requested I make it again for his birthday cake!
The recipe also shows a "healthy" heart on it. Where do these standards come from? Maybe the heart means "heart attack alert"!
To answer my own question, see the "makeover" version of this recipe. Great! Now I can try it...