- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Add flour and mix well. Stir in peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cream cheese, chocolate and milk. Cook over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; beat until smooth. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts. Immediately spread over brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolaty Rocky Road Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2005, p33
Reviews for Chocolaty Rocky Road Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review