Chocolaty Raisin Oat Bars Recipe
These attractive layered bars have a similar taste to chocolate-covered raisins. "Yum!" is usually how folks describe every bite.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a microwave, combine milk and chocolate. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in raisins; set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly). Set aside half for topping.
- 3. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the chocolate raisin mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press down lightly.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC