Pack this irresistible snack into wax or plastic bags and tie them shut with curling ribbons for a pretty presentation. You could also prepare a batch or two for a holiday bake sale. I guarantee it'll go quickly!
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 cups butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the popcorn in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; set
- aside. Melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until
- smooth. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Place vanilla chips and remaining shortening in a microwave-safe
- bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until
- Drizzle over popcorn; toss gently to coat as much popcorn as
- possible. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill until firm before breaking
- into pieces. Yield: 16 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 1,025 calories, 71 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 1,338 mg sodium, 94 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 15 g protein.