Pack this irresistible snack into wax or plastic bags and tie them shut with curling ribbons for a pretty presentation. You could also prepare a batch or two for a holiday bake sale. I guarantee it'll go quickly!
Featured In: Holiday Popcorn
- 12 cups butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the popcorn in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; set aside. Melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Place vanilla chips and remaining shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn; toss gently to coat as much popcorn as possible. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill until firm before breaking into pieces. Yield: 16 cups.
Originally published as Chocolaty Popcorn in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p55
Reviews for Chocolaty Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2012
"The best popcorn I have ever eaten.cannot eat just 1 handful"