Chocolaty Pecan Pie
Here's a nice variation of a rich old-fashioned pecan pie that's a breeze to make.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, chips, butter
- and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 528 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.