Chocolaty Mexican Wedding Cake Recipe
Bits of unsweetened chocolate add a deliciously different twist to typical Mexican Wedding Cakes. It wouldn't be Christmas without these mouthwatering morsels!—bethany, TOH Online Community
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- 3. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 86 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC