- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p137
Reviews for Chocolaty Mexican Wedding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
"These are very tasty. Easy to make and they have a great chocolate flavor. Thanks for the recipe. Will make these often."