Chocolaty Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Gradually stir yogurt into milk mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
1/4 cup (calculated without fruit) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.