Chocolaty Fruit Dip
“My grandma helped me experiment with chocolate sauce and yogurt combinations to create this fruit dip for a tea party we had. Our guests said it was 'yummy!'" Abigail Sims - Terrell, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter
- and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover
- yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows and
- chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is
- smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl.
- Gradually stir yogurt into milk mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without fruit) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.