“My grandma helped me experiment with chocolate sauce and yogurt combinations to create this fruit dip for a tea party we had. Our guests said it was 'yummy!'" Abigail Sims - Terrell, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Gradually stir yogurt into milk mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chocolate Fruit Dip in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p47
Reviews for Chocolaty Fruit Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2010
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2008
"I took this to a pool party, and it was a huge success - definately will be making this again! What's not to like with chocolate dip?? and a good way to get your fruit and veggies!"