“My grandma helped me experiment with chocolate sauce and yogurt combinations to create this fruit dip for a tea party we had. Our guests said it was 'yummy!'" Abigail Sims - Terrell, Texas
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Gradually stir yogurt into milk mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chocolate Fruit Dip in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p47
Reviews for Chocolaty Fruit Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2010
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2008
"I took this to a pool party, and it was a huge success - definately will be making this again! What's not to like with chocolate dip?? and a good way to get your fruit and veggies!"