Chocolaty Double Crunchers Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cornflakes and coconut.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped lightly in flour. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate. Spread about 1 tablespoon on half of the cookies and top each with another cookie. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Double Crunchers
"These are easy to make and super tasty!"
"These are very easy to make and super tasty!"
"I've Not Made These Yet.But Getting Anxious to Make Them.They Look Like A Peanut Butter cookie.They Really Really Look Delish!!!!"
"I have been making these for years! The recipe card is dirty and tired, but the cookies are still YUMMY!"