Chocolaty Dessert Waffles Recipe
"The mild chocolate flavor and cake-like texture makes these waffles a delightful dessert," reports Phalice Ayers of Spokane, Washington.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream, fresh fruit or ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Preheat waffle iron. Fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with whipped cream, fruit or ice cream. Yield: 4-6 waffles.
1 serving (1 each) equals 373 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Dessert Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC