Chocolaty Dessert Waffles Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream, fresh fruit or ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Preheat waffle iron. Fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with whipped cream, fruit or ice cream. Yield: 4-6 waffles.
1 each: 373 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Dessert Waffles
"These turned out really well. I added frozen raspberries to one batch. I dusted them with powdered sugar, drizzled chocolate fudge sauce over them and then topped them with whipped cream and raspberries. In another batch I added pecans and topped them the same way. Everyone really enjoyed them. I did add a little extra milk because the mix was a little thick. Will make them again!!"