"The mild chocolate flavor and cake-like texture makes these waffles a delightful dessert," reports Phalice Ayers of Spokane, Washington.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream, fresh fruit or ice cream
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Preheat waffle iron. Fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with whipped cream, fruit or ice cream. Yield: 4-6 waffles.
Originally published as Chocolate Dessert Waffles in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p8
Reviews for Chocolaty Dessert Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review