Chocolaty Caramel Cookies
Convenient cake mix and chocolate-covered caramels make these popular cookies very quick to prepare, yet they taste so good when served fresh from the oven. People are surprised to bite into this crisp cookie and find a gooey caramel center. —Melanie Steele, Plano, Texas
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 42 Rolo candies
- Chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Roll
- tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Press a candy into each; reshape
- balls. Dip tops in hazelnuts.
- Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 8-10 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.