Chocolaty Caramel Apples
You'll love these easy-to-make caramel apples from our Test Kitchen. They're filled with classic flavor, but capitalize on convenience products to keep things simple. Plus, they're a tasty way to sneak in an extra piece of fruit!
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 18 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into
- apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until
- smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set
- Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to
- completely coat, then dip the bottom and sides into peanuts. Place
- on prepared pan; let stand until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 apple equals 590 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.