Chocolaty Caramel Apples Recipe
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 18 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1. Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- 3. Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom and sides into peanuts. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set. Yield: 2 servings.
1 apple equals 590 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolaty Caramel Apples
"We always slice our apples then pour the stuff over the top. makes it easer to eat"
"Wow! These were easy and delicious! I used Honey Crisp apples! Yummy!"