You'll love these easy-to-make caramel apples from our Test Kitchen. They're filled with classic flavor, but capitalize on convenience products to keep things simple. Plus, they're a tasty way to sneak in an extra piece of fruit!
Recommended: 30 Desserts Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 18 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom and sides into peanuts. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Caramel Apples in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p22
Reviews for Chocolaty Caramel Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
"We always slice our apples then pour the stuff over the top. makes it easer to eat"
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2011
"Wow! These were easy and delicious! I used Honey Crisp apples! Yummy!"