Chocolaty Caramel Apples Recipe
You'll love these easy-to-make caramel apples from our Test Kitchen. They're filled with classic flavor, but capitalize on convenience products to keep things simple. Plus, they're a tasty way to sneak in an extra piece of fruit!
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 18 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom and sides into peanuts. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Caramel Apples in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p22
Reviews for Chocolaty Caramel Apples(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Caramel Apples >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Halloween Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >