- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Chocolate curls and additional sliced bananas, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour half of the filling into pastry shell. Top with sliced bananas and remaining filling. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping. Decorate with chocolate curls and additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Banana Cream Pie in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p116
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"Make sure to keep stirring until mixture thickens. Otherwise the sauce pan will burn."