Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie
I have three daughters, and this is their favorite pie to help make and to eat. Most of the time, we make two pies so there's enough for seconds.—Lynn McAllister, Mt. Ulla, North Carolina
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Chocolate curls and additional sliced bananas, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and
- milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour half of the filling into pastry shell. Top with sliced bananas
- and remaining filling. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping. Decorate with chocolate curls and
- additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 419 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.