Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Chocolate curls and additional sliced bananas, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 2. Pour half of the filling into pastry shell. Top with sliced bananas and remaining filling. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 3. Garnish with whipped topping. Decorate with chocolate curls and additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 419 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Chocolaty Banana Cream Pie
"Make sure to keep stirring until mixture thickens. Otherwise the sauce pan will burn."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.