Chocolaty Almond Cheesecake
Dayna Henson from Tulsa, Oklahoma relates, "After serving this once, I'm asked to make again the next time. It has the most heavenly flavor."
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Milk chocolate kisses, unblanched whole almonds and additional whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar; stir in
- butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-3/4 in. up the sides of a
- greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to
- room temperature, about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and almond extract