Chocolaty Almond Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Milk chocolate kisses, unblanched whole almonds and additional whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-3/4 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 6 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and almond extract until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate and gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate kisses, almonds and additional whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chocolaty Almond Cheesecake
"One of my favorite cheesecakes and NO BAKE! Best to make it the day ahead so it has plenty of time to chill."