Chocolate Zucchini Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 180 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
"We have been enjoying this recipe for years, thought I'd better review it! I don't change a thing and it is so delicious. So good warm with a bit of butter...mmmm! If it's dry you might be over cooking it, it has never been dry for me (check it after 40-50 minutes if in doubt)."
"I too thought it was very dry. I will try adding some oil next time. If it doesn't turn out better this one will be deleted !"
"All of us loved this. Will make this again!"
"Love this! I used dark cocoa and milk chocolate chips and added extra zucchini. Wonderful . . ."
"I am not sure what happen. I made it as directed and it was dry and cake like. Nothing like the reveiws... wasted time and ingredients. Not sure if I should try again."
"Everyone loved it! My stepson was surprised it was zucchini!"
"I received a very LARGE zucchini from a friend and was looking for a recipe that my kids would enjoy. Found this one...who doesn't like chocolate. My son actually asked me to make another loaf. I did substitute whole wheat flour but it still turned out great!"
"Amazing!! Moist, chocolaty and can't stop eating it. I made two loaves and I am embarrassed that there was only two pieces left after everyone who went through my house had a piece or two ( :"
"My kids love this. I call it brownie bread and they have no idea zucchini is in it."