Chocolate Zucchini Loaf Recipe
Adriene Lujbli stirs grated zucchini into this no-fuss loaf. "I fix it whenever my family wants something chocolaty," notes the Gilboa, New York baker. "Try it in your bread machine if it has a quick bread setting," she says.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC