Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Adriene Lujbli stirs grated zucchini into this no-fuss loaf. "I fix it whenever my family wants something chocolaty," notes the Gilboa, New York baker. "Try it in your bread machine if it has a quick bread setting," she says.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking
- soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture just until
- moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium,