- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
"We have been enjoying this recipe for years, thought I'd better review it! I don't change a thing and it is so delicious. So good warm with a bit of butter...mmmm! If it's dry you might be over cooking it, it has never been dry for me (check it after 40-50 minutes if in doubt)."
"I too thought it was very dry. I will try adding some oil next time. If it doesn't turn out better this one will be deleted !"
"All of us loved this. Will make this again!"
"Love this! I used dark cocoa and milk chocolate chips and added extra zucchini. Wonderful . . ."
"I am not sure what happen. I made it as directed and it was dry and cake like. Nothing like the reveiws... wasted time and ingredients. Not sure if I should try again."