- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini and carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 21 cupcakes.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Awesome recipe, I didnt have plain yogurt so added sour cream instead, turned out great! And used more zucchini instead of carrots"
"I made this in a 13 x 9. It was a little dry and I could tell by the batter that it was going to be. I made my own chocolate frosting which did add to the moisture of the cake. I would like to compare the ingredients of another recipe with this one to see how I can tweek it a bit."
"They were good. You'd never know their were carrots and zucchini in them."
"WAS OK. TOO DENSE...MORE LIKE A BROWNIE."
"These cupcakes were exalllent super moist, great tasting, didn't even ice them. I did divide the butter in half ( I used margarine) and used half crisco. I also used two cups zucchini instead of carrots. Was a hit in my family. Will make again before zucchini is done for the season!"