- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini and carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 21 cupcakes.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I made this today but with adjustments. I halved the recipe, used 1 1/4 cup organic flour, 1/4 cup coconut oil plus 1 tablespoon butter, 1/3 cup applesauce, I mashed banana, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, 1 cup zucchini and 1/4 cup each stevia, monkruit, and whey sugar, plus 1/2 cup chocolate chips and a few for on top. Turned out great and family loves them. I sprinkled some powdered whey sugar on top to look nice."
"My husband and children enjoyed these. I used a peanut butter icing. My 4 year old ate some without the icing even. I did make a few adjustments. I couldn't handle the thought of all that butter so I used 1/2 c. butter and 3/4 c. applesauce. I also used 2 1/4 c flour and added little extra yogurt. And I used 2c. zucchini instead of carrots. Great way to use up some of that zucchini."
"Awesome recipe, I didnt have plain yogurt so added sour cream instead, turned out great! And used more zucchini instead of carrots"
"I made this in a 13 x 9. It was a little dry and I could tell by the batter that it was going to be. I made my own chocolate frosting which did add to the moisture of the cake. I would like to compare the ingredients of another recipe with this one to see how I can tweek it a bit."
"They were good. You'd never know their were carrots and zucchini in them."