Chocolate Zucchini Cookies Recipe
This recipe started out as a plain zucchini cookie. But over the years, I added nuts and chocolate chips. These soft cookies never make it to the cookie jar!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC