- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
"I cut the recipe in half and substituted 2/3 c. Cocoa for 2/3 c. Flour using the nuts and the chocolate chips, and sprinkled them with confectioners sugar. My husband thought they were good."
"We don't like nuts in our cookies so I omitted them and added more chocolate chips instead. These cookies were a hit!"
"Glad I read the reviews, I thought there was cocoa in the recipe. I substituted one cup cocoa for a cup of flour, swapped one cup white flour for wheat flour, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Brought cookies to work and they disappeared fast!"
"Will try this recipe again. Made them yesterday and it was hot and humid. cookie were soft and cakey but stuck together on the plate. Not happy with results."
"I read the reviews before baking these and decided to reduce the flour by 1 cup and add 1 cup cocoa. I reduced the amount of nutmeg to 1/2 tsp. (as I dislike nutmeg). I also omitted the nuts but still added the chocolate chips. This will be the first time ever that I think the chocolate chips actually didn't add much to the cookie. I think they tasted great without them and next time will not add them. These were wonderful even with all my alterations."
"These are some of the best cookies you will ever wrap your lips around. Just don't tell them that they have zucchini in the cookies until after they try them. These cookies are wonderful with or without the chocolate chips or the nuts. They disapper with lightening speed. I just wish the fresh zucchini was available year round. But if you have the freezer space they freeze well."
"See these cookies pictured on my page. This recipe was easy to make. As the first reviewer stated these are not chocolate cookies they just have chocolate chips in them. I am glad I read that as I reduced the amount of flour by one cup and added one cup of cocoa. Now they are serious chocolate Zucchini Cookies. I decided to dust them with conf sugar to make them pretty. They are soft and comforting."