Chocolate Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Cookies(10)
Sort By :
These were good with the changes I made: no nuts, only dashes of cloves and nutmeg, 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, cooked 8 minutes and left to sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack, and milk chocolate chips. Thanks for another way to use zucchini!
We don't like nuts in our cookies so I omitted them and added more chocolate chips instead. These cookies were a hit!
Glad I read the reviews, I thought there was cocoa in the recipe. I substituted one cup cocoa for a cup of flour, swapped one cup white flour for wheat flour, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Brought cookies to work and they disappeared fast!
Will try this recipe again. Made them yesterday and it was hot and humid. Cookie were soft and cakey but stuck together on the plate. Not happy with results.
I read the reviews before baking these and decided to reduce the flour by 1 cup and add 1 cup cocoa. I reduced the amount of nutmeg to 1/2 tsp. (as I dislike nutmeg). I also omitted the nuts but still added the chocolate chips. This will be the first time ever that I think the chocolate chips actually didn't add much to the cookie. I think they tasted great without them and next time will not add them. These were wonderful even with all my alterations.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >