- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Sort By :
Wonderful! Wouldn't change a thing...took it to a party last night, and came home with only 4 pieces left. Everyone raved about it.
This was a hit not only at home but at work. I even made it using some shredded carrots with it. also good.
Very good! I would put more chocolate chips on top next time..it didnt seem like it was enough.
This was a ok cake, not what i expecting. I was looking for a cake with more chocolate flavor, so if you want a chocolatey cake I would suggest finding a different recipe.
Amazing!! Moist and gone fast.. we couldn't stop eating it!