- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
"I baked the first loaf for 50minutes, it was dry. The second loaf I baked for 45 minutes it was much better...the next time I try this I will cut down the baking time to 40 minutes."
"Added 1.5c mini choc chips. Thought it would not turn out because it was so thick...not so. My kids (age 3 to 18) devoured it. I made one loaf and 4 large muffins."
"the worst...could not find my original recipe and decided to use this with all the good reviews ( i was skeptical with the 1/2 c of cocoa) ...thankfully after i tossed the 2 loaves i found my recipe..."
"This bread is absolutely delicious - just the right amount of chocolate with the cinnamon to accent. My family loves it. My husband isn't a big chocolate fan, but he keeps going back for more. I made this with gluten free flour so my daughter could enjoy it as well. It's very moist - my friend gave me some zucchini and I remembered saving this recipe, glad I did. Thank you"
"This is great! It's a keeper!"