- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1-1/4 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and 7 oz. white candy coating at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and cereal. Cool slightly; fold in marshmallows. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- In microwave, melt shortening and remaining candy coating; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over clusters. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Zebra Clusters
"I made these for a Christmas party. I barely got to taste them they were devoured so fast. I also made some with peanut butter chips. Easy and tasty recipe. It's a keeper!"
"Love these. Very easy to make. I include these in my Christmas goody trays I give to my favorite people. I have received rave reviews about these clusters."