Just one bite and chocolate lovers will melt over these yummy clusters filled with salted nuts, rice cereal and marshmallows! And they're so pretty, no one can believe how easy they are.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1-1/4 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and 7 oz. white candy coating at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and cereal. Cool slightly; fold in marshmallows. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- In microwave, melt shortening and remaining candy coating; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over clusters. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Zebra Clusters in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p29
Reviews for Chocolate Zebra Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"Love these. Very easy to make. I include these in my Christmas goody trays I give to my favorite people. I have received rave reviews about these clusters."