- eggs, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture; beat on low speed just
- until combine. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to creamed mixture
- until just combined.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. or 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream in a chilled small bowl until soft peaks
- form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add whipped cream, beat
- until smooth.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer on a
- serving plate; top with about 1/2 cup filling. Repeat four times.
- Top with remaining cake layer. Cover and refrigerate.
- For frosting, melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan or
- microwave; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature; transfer to
- a large bowl. Add cream and vanilla; mix well. Beat in
- confectioners' sugar. Spread over top and sides of cake. Garnish
- with strawberries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 22
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 412 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.