Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake
Chocolate fans will love this double chocolate dessert cake!
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream or 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using two 9-in.
- round baking pans. Cool completely after baking.
- If using whipping cream, place it in a chilled bowl; beat, gradually
- adding sugar and cocoa, until stiff peaks form. If using whipped
- topping, place in a bowl and fold in sugar and cocoa. Frost one cake
- layer with whipped cream mixture; top with second layer and frost
- entire cake. Refrigerate 24 hours before serving. Yield: 16-20
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.