- 6 cups frosted bite-size Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal and stir gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and toss to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Chocolate Wheat Cereal Snacks
Sort By :
If you are looking for the original version of 'puppy chow' or 'paw prints' with chex/crispix cereal you will be disapointed. However, this is a great way to make a 'lighter' version. Without as much coating as other recipes, it was not as messy. Plus, kids can eat one bite at a time, keeping hands a bit cleaner. (because of bite size and because it is not coated nearly as much as traditional recipe) We love the origianl puppy chow mix. So this is not my favorite but worked well enough for shreaded wheat cereal!
My Grands LOVE the Chocolate Mini Wheats LITTLE Bites. They are the Go-To snack of choice right out of the box. I made these using the original wheat mini bites but they all agreed that the original chocolate little bites were best.
Did you find your recipe made with Crispix? Mine is called Trash.
1 stick margarine melted
12 oz chocolate chips
1 C peanut butter
1 box Crispix cereal
1 pound powdered sugar
1 white kitchen trash bag
Melt margarine, chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave. Measure cereal into a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over the top and stir gently.
Pour 1/2 the powdered sugar into a clean white kitchen trash bag. Pour in the coated cereal and cover with the rest of the sugar. Gently shake the bag until the cereal is covered.
Tastes like a peanut butter cup! Enjoy!
Search for Puppy Chow