Chocolate Walnut Tart Recipe
"You’ll have no hassle, no fuss and no leftovers with this dessert," Sue Shank promises from Harrisonburg, Virginia. "It looks impressive, but it’s actually so simple. It can be prepared in a 9- or 11-inch pan and tastes wonderful served warm with ice cream or whipped topping."
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Transfer pastry to pan; trim edges. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour over chips and nuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Walnut Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC