Chocolate Walnut Tart Recipe
"You’ll have no hassle, no fuss and no leftovers with this dessert," Sue Shank promises from Harrisonburg, Virginia. "It looks impressive, but it’s actually so simple. It can be prepared in a 9- or 11-inch pan and tastes wonderful served warm with ice cream or whipped topping."
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Transfer pastry to pan; trim edges. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour over chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Walnut Tart in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Walnut Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Tart Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >