- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk, water, butter and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg and yolk; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x9-in. rectangle; sprinkle with filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal ends.
- Place seam side down on a greased 12-in. pizza pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over ring. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Walnut Ring
Sort By :
"very easy to make. I filled it with walnuts and cream cheese 1 package (sweetened with some confectioners sugar) left out the chocolate chips.."
"I’m not a big fan of walnuts, so I substituted them for almonds and it turned out great! The cinnamon really made the bread too, I love it!"