Chocolate Walnut Crescents
I use a round cookie cutter to form the crescent shapes for these nutty favorites. They're so pretty sprinkled with sugar and drizzled with chocolate.
126 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine the flour, walnuts and cocoa; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or
- until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Using a floured, plain or finely scalloped 2-in. round cookie
- cutter, cut a semicircle off one corner of the dough, forming the
- inside of a crescent shape. Reposition cutter 1-1/4 in. from inside
- of crescent; cut cookie, forming a crescent 1-1/4 in. wide at its
- widest point. Repeat. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt