Chocolate Waffle Cookies
I'VE HAD this recipe for years. It's economical to make, yet results in a delicious cookie.
At Christmastime, I invite my grandchildren to join me - it makes a simple baking experience for them. They especially like sprinkling the powdered sugar on top...and the taste-testing afterward!
-Pat Oviatt, Zimmerman, Minnesota
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Beat in chocolate. Gradually add flour and mix
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle
- iron. Bake for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.