Chocolate Waffle Cookies Recipe
I'VE HAD this recipe for years. It's economical to make, yet results in a delicious cookie. At Christmastime, I invite my grandchildren to join me - it makes a simple baking experience for them. They especially like sprinkling the powdered sugar on top...and the taste-testing afterward! -Pat Oviatt, Zimmerman, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in chocolate. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC