I'VE HAD this recipe for years. It's economical to make, yet results in a delicious cookie. At Christmastime, I invite my grandchildren to join me - it makes a simple baking experience for them. They especially like sprinkling the powdered sugar on top...and the taste-testing afterward! -Pat Oviatt, Zimmerman, Minnesota
Recommended: 23 of Our Most Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in chocolate. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Waffle Cookies in Reminisce January/February 1998, p45
Reviews for Chocolate Waffle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
"These do not work in a Belgian waffler....don't waste the ingredients"
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"The cookie batter was way to thick. I ended up adding in 1/4cup of milk and another egg. My brother thought they were awful!!!This is defiently not a keeper!!!"